Tuesday 1 May 2012

Happy Nation

The 25th of January 2011 Revolution, A helicopter Over Tahrir Square, Egypt
Not as the ordinary talk about Tahrir square of Egypt I will tell, not on the same tone of revolution I will speak, only I want to speak about a special character I had met for more than one year in the Egyptian`s revolution birthplace Tahrir Square.
It was the first million demonstration during the revolution days, the crowds were spilled on the square like a carpet on a floor, suddenly, a great helicopter sound scared everyone, and I was one of those panicked !
Worry I was, afraid I was, and secured I was too, a short old lady of European look came and covered all of my painful feelings by a great hug I will never forget, after I felt calm, the conversation started between me & this friendly lady, she was half Egyptian of an European mother, the revolution was her big dream or as she described it was her life, if she had feelings of love & care she put whole of these in the revolution.
Why?? was the question by my side, the answer waked me on a special case I might met it before but I had never understand it before that moment.
A lady brought up in a western country with an eastern point of view, restricted lifestyle in a world fulls of freedom around her, the free lifestyle was forbidden for her as her parents made so, she decided to make her future in her mother country Egypt.
at the age of 24 she went back to Egypt, she started to work as a journalist, and the result was a resign after less than 2 months, the problem with not the freedom of expression as I thought but, her problem with the missed system.
Nothing in any Egyptian organization runs on a system even the restrictions on the personnel dose not run on a system, back to the west was the solution for her, 20 years of living in the other development world as she described carried to her a great revolution between the eastern heritage she brought up on it and the open western society that considered to be successful.
Madonna, in American life music video 
"My previous years on Earth were just an interesting journey between an open society & a conservative heritage, but I found that the open society is not  successful because it is open, it is  successful because it has a system, and that is the revolution is going to make our future." she said.
A happy nation needs a system, System is all, do you know the system controlled the Egyptian revolution???

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have met that lady too she was kinda short , blue eyes,,, anyway this was one of the good meeting I've heard occurred at Tahrir Square and I think she thought you foreign girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes u are completely right, and her name begins with letter M, u r so smart ;)

    ReplyDelete